Bush, Hitler, Patriot Act, Fall of an Empire?

I started out my morning reading about the seriousness of the drought we are having here in Georgia. Article after article implies that everyone knew about the potential issues, everyone blamed someone else, and no one did anything. This then lead me into people blaming global warming for the drought. This is completely opposite to what I have heard before about the catostraphic flooding and loss of land due to the flooding. No in fact, people are saying global warming is going to create more of a problem with drought.

There are 2 sides to every story and of course all of this is pure speculation backed up by scientific experimentation, but we will never know the truth until it happens right? And then the scientist who have been studying and experimenting so long will only then find the flaws in their research and say ooohhhh....we were wrong....or we were kind of right.

This is all beside the fact of what I have found to be my most interesting discovery today. This drought and global warming issue brought up the effects it would have on the economy...notions water would also soon become a private commodity. Since everything in the universe is related, I started feeling like the world is coming to an end. Dont laugh....so then I looked up information on the rise and fall of empires. I found some great information. It is really interesting and I think its true. Nothing lasts forever right? So maybe the world isnt coming to an end...maybe just the end of the world as we know it is coming to an end. History definately repeats itself...

Check this out.

http://smarteconomy.typepad.com/smart_economy/2006/10/the_fall_of_emp.html

No comments: