Chris Crocker....

I might be a little behind on the Chris Crocker phenom considering this whole Britney Spears thing that catapulted him out of simply being "Youtube Famous" to being semi-famous. Semi-famous...famous for a minute....I dont know if you can really use the word famous. My point is the guy is a raving lunatic. And I LOVE IT!!!!

To understand more about what I am about to go into you have to watch this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MzRn60irvc

You LOVE IT too, right?

The sheer bizzareness of this minute and a half leaves me with a few questions.

1. Is he for real? I think these are real emotions this boy is having. I do feel like he has been having problems with a boyfriend. Maybe the boyfriend thinks he is going through some mental problems whether it be as harsh as schizophrenia...i doubt it. I think Chris is trying to make a joke out of people saying he has a mental illness as a way for him to work it out in his own mind. If people tell you that you are crazy often enough, then you will start to believe it. I am not saying Chris Crocker has a mental illness...who knows....lets just call this teenage angst gone out of control.

2. Was there a reason to start making these videos? What in the world possesed this man to put a camera in front of his face and pour his heart out in the first place? I am sure he never imagined a clip of his would have close to 10 million views! If you take a step back and realize that this kid probably just started doing this as a video diary, and then it just blew up larger than himself...then it doesnt seem so crazy does it? Its kind of like the saying "dance like no one else is watching". For a while I am sure no one was watching.

3. Where does he go from here? I have looked at the couple posts he has made since the Britney clip. And they just arent as great as these raw clips from before he knew he was being watched, critiqued, etc. If Chris Crocker really is suffering from schizophrenia, etc...a life in the spotlight is not going to be good for him. We'll just have to keep watching and see!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MzRn60irvc

Watch it one more time!!! You know you love it!!!

No comments: