Being twenty-something is not so glamourous

You graduate from college and then you are supposed to get that great job and live happily ever after. Yeah right. I have found my twenties to be the exact opposite of the fantasyland I thought I had spent my entire life working toward. In retrospect of simply writing that last sentence I realize that "my entire life" really hasnt been so long afterall...which might mean why my twenties have turned out to be more of a struggle. And as a struggle I mean it in every aspect of life. Personal & Professional. I find being twenty-something I cant stop feeling overwhelmed long enough to find a solid sense of direction. In my quest to find this direction for the past few years I have been convinced that everything will come together if I just move out of my hometown, Atlanta, and start fresh. Being able to move has been a struggle also - not enough money to cover moving expenses, cant find a job in any of the places that I would actually like to live. We can discuss moving later, but as I was once again researching where my perfect place on this planet might be, I came across an article called 20-things-to-do-in-your-20s. I at least have accomplished some things on the bloggers list. Maybe I am doing something right afterall.

No comments: